Highlights of the episode:
- Erin talks about the difference between keto/ketosis/ketogenic diets
- Ketogenic diet is a metabolic state
- Why you don't want to be in 'ketosis' or 'go keto'
- The goal is using ketones as a fuel source in your body
- The end goal is metabolic flexibility
- Our bodies will adapt to using different fuel sources
- Having a metabolism that works as intended will change the way you feel
- Why you don't need to buy urine strips or breath monitors
- What your cravings are really telling you
- You can teach your body to use different fuel sources (metabolic flexibility)
- When you are following a ketogenic diet you are restricting carbohydrates, not following a high fat diet (you don't need to put butter in your coffee or eat spoonfuls of coconut oil)
- Reframe your thinking around 'treats' into 'choices or wants'
- Take time to reduce your carbs. This is a lifestyle change not a diet #ketoeventuallymaybe
- Carbohydrate intolerance takes a toll on your health (diabetes) lowering your carbohydrate intake is beneficial
Links mentioned in this episode:
2. Eat Simple: Erin's website where you can contact her regarding her special offer for our listeners. If you initiate a health coaching package with Erin in January she is giving our listeners 20% off her packages. Use the 'book your free consult button' on her website and mention Reframe Your Life. You can also sign up for her monthly newsletter. Follow Erin on Facebook or Instagram at eatsimple.
3. The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson: Erin recommends this book for it's practical, sense making content. It goes beyond diet and addresses your entire lifestyle.
More from Jo-Anne:
If you're ready to take the leap, develop your leadership skill and be a creator at your work and in your life, and need a little help, email me for a complimentary coaching session.
More from Sandy:
I publish a weekly newsletter with a focus on living truthfully. If you would like to find out more about my work subscribe here.