Spring is a great time to do some cleaning and decluttering. Have you ever thought of getting rid of people in your life who are holding you back and zapping your energy? If that sounds really pragmatic or uncaring to you remember that the people you spend time with have a huge impact on your life.
Motivational speaker Jim Rohn puts it this way,
"You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with."
We know that relationships are a big part of reframing your life. If you want to lead your very best life we suggest you make sure you have these three types of people in your life:
1. Cheerleaders - Do you have people who believe in your potential? Do they encourage you to reach your goals and cheer on your successes?
2. Champions - Do you have friends or mentors who are where you want to be in your life? These people can inspire you and open doors for you.
3. Challengers - Who are the friends or colleagues who push you to do more than you think you can do? They ask you good questions and make you really think about your choices.
We discuss these three relationships in detail on this weeks episode and we also suggest you ditch these two types of people if they are in your life:
1. Critics - If you have people who are always telling you all the reasons you can't do something or sabotaging your efforts - move on!
2. Casual time wasters - It's great to have people who want to just hang out and chill but if you have people who are sucking up your time wanting to hang out and have coffee and aren't doing anything with their lives you need to find some new friends!
Think about the five people you spend the most time with in your life. We hope you have cheerleaders, champions and challengers in your circle. We aspire to be that for our listeners.