We started this episode 4X but we think we got it right in the end!
This week we ask you to reflect on these questions:
- Where does your need to be liked show up in your life?
- Do you find yourself consumed with the externals in your life and how people judge you for them?
- What would your life be like if you lived it without worrying about what other people think at all?
- Why does it matter if we care about what other people think?
- What are you afraid of when you are concerned about what other people think?
- How does social media impact you? Are measuring your worth by how many follower, likes or friends you have?
- How do you deal with wanting to be liked?
Needing to be liked can cause you to alter your behaviour and take action in ways that can change your life. If you are afraid to be yourself you may not speak your truth and make choices that impact your future! We want to be true to ourselves.
reframe your need to be liked by being clear:
Be clear about who you are. If you are not sure what you value or what you stand for you can be vulnerable to what to others think.
Be clear about how you measure success. If I measure success for my webinar by content or participants. You can only measure success by what is in your control.
Be clear about whose opinions really matter. We love the advice that Brene Brown offers. She suggests taking a 1” x 1” square and writing on it the names of the people whose opinion really matters. When you feel judged or criticized pull out the paper and remind yourself whose opinion counts.
This book has helped both of us. To order a copy simply click on the picture below.
As always, we invite your feedback and look forward to hearing what you want to share with us!
We tackled the topic of fear in a previous episode. If you want to deal more with that topic click here.